Thursday 31 October 2013

Russell Brand And Tom From McFly Go Viral.

Russell Brand And Tom From McFly Go Viral

The two video clips that have probably been most shared on my Facebook recently are this one, involving Russell Brand almost making Jeremy Paxman look stupid, and this one, involving Tom from McFly announcing his baby news to the world

First of all, lets talk about the Russell Brand clip. I am a complete convert to Russell Brand. I used to have a negative view of him until I watched a few interviews and saw that he is actually one of the most interesting celebrities currently in the media. In this clip, I feel that Russell does a brilliant job of eloquently verbalizing his general views on the current political status of our country as well as other things. I have heard a few people say that he is punching above his weight with the issues he talks about and that he doesn't have all his facts straight. Although there might be some truth to this, at least his fame and wealth haven't just turned him into some vapid, soulless celebrity that does nothing but smile for the cameras. We are all entitled to an opinion and I admire Russell for having the courage to share his positive and thought provoking ideas through the mass media. 

Secondly, we have Tom from Mcfly announcing his baby news to the world via the medium of pumpkin carving. This reminded me a bit of when he did that wedding speech/song video that also went viral. He seems a nice guy but am I the only one who finds it all a bit sickly sweet? Actually, if I'm honest, I'm just jealous that he has once again made the women of the world fall in love with him for his smooth sentimentality. Damn you Tom, you lovable bastard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment