Sunday 24 June 2012

Next Stage.

Next Stage


I had my final placement observation on Friday and I passed! This means that I have pretty much passed the course overall *touch wood* as long as I don't completely fuck up from now on. So what next? Well,


Firstly, I have been trying to get back into shape. Since placement my lack of eating well, sleeping enough and doing exercise means I have dropped to my lowest weight all year. With most the stress of the course out the way I have already had time to begin working on this. I am eating a lot more calories than I was previously and, of course, eating some protein rich foods (raw eggs don't taste nice). I have also started a more regular workout regime and my god I can tell I'm out of shape. Previously, I had got up to using 30kg dumbbells when I did bench presses but I have had to go back down to 25kg and even that is a struggle. I have introduced some cardio to my routine just to get my general fitness levels up but I am finding sprinting even for just 5 minutes pretty difficult. The great thing about exercise though is you can almost immediately feel the effects. Even after one weekend I feel the best I have felt in a couple of months.


I am planning to go to Peru at the end of July for about two months. My older brother lives there with his girlfriend and has kindly agreed I can stay there. I am viewing it as a bit of a test to see if I would like to move abroad myself in the near future. I don't have many concrete ideas but working abroad is one of the main ones I am considering. The best thing about passing PGCE for me is that it opens up these kind of doors for me. At the moment, being able to sleep is also one of the best things about my life. I have had such little of it this past year that I am now fully indulging myself. I have rediscovered the ultimate joys of daytime napping. I am a simple man, sleeping lots and eating  lots is often enough to keep me happy. 


As for what I'm reading, 'Wide Open' by Nicola Barker. It's good enough to be worth finishing but I am more excited about the next book I have lined up which is 'Room' by Emma Donoghue. It's one of those novels that I can tell is going to be good just from reading the blurb. I have been listening to a lot of Benny Banks, he isn't a particularly talented rapper but he uses good beats and sometimes I like the childish arrogance of his lyrics. He can be witty with his wordplay when he wants to be and there is a touch of self deprecation that I tend to like with any rapper. I am off to watch England play Italy in a few minutes. I expect the game to be close with maybe a one-nil win for Italy. England did well to win their group but...it's still England. I see that lots of people are reading that shitty looking erotica '50 Shades of Grey'. If I wrote about my love life it would be more of 'An Assortment of Beige', probably.  

No comments:

Post a Comment